This week we focus on Chef Sibo, the final instalment of our 3-part chef feature. Known for her authentic cuisine, she is also passionate about baking, and is responsible for creating unique flavours from traditional recipes that will appeal to any palate. Here’s a little insight into Chef Sibo:
1. What do you enjoy most about being a chef?
I have a passion for cooking and baking. So for me, it’s learning more about absolutely everything in the kitchen. Being able to wake up every day and do something that brings joy to people is the best reward ever!
2. What is your favourite dish that you have prepared at Nambiti Hills and how did you prepare it?
Definitely baking the traditional chocolate cake – it’s delicious. Using simple ingredients like eggs, sugar, flour, oil, cocoa powder, water, baking powder, vanilla essence & salt, I add my own flair to create the ultimate desert experience.
3. What do you enjoy most about working at Nambiti Hills?
I love my surroundings. Being able to be this close to nature while doing something that I love is a wonderful feeling.
4. When you are not at work, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy having dinner with my friends when I head out to town. When I am at the lodge, I enjoy going on game drives.
5. What about food inspires you and how do you know you have accomplished your days’ work?
The fact I can be creative and open minded with ingredients to create amazing new dishes. I thrive on the great feedback I receive from guests on a daily basis and it inspires me to carry on doing what I’m doing.
Visit us soon and be sure to try out one of Chef Sibo’s delicious dishes – it will take your taste buds on a culinary adventure!